Proposal 2 is a constitutional amendment to put key voting rights directly in the Michigan Constitution. It will enhance the fairness and integrity of our elections and protect the ability of every eligible Michigan voter to be heard.
Promote the Vote 2022 would:
- Recognize the fundamental right to vote without harassing conduct;
- Require military or overseas ballots to be counted if postmarked by Election Day;
- Provide voters the right to verify identity with photo ID or signed statement;
- Provide the voter right to a single application to vote absentee in all elections;
- Require state-funded absentee-ballot drop boxes, and postage for absentee applications and ballots;
- Provide that only election officials may conduct post-election audits;
- Require nine days of early in-person voting;
- Allow donations to fund elections, which must be disclosed;
- Require canvass boards to certify election results based only on the official records of votes cast.
No matter what we look like, where we come from, or what candidate we support, we all want safe, secure, and fair elections. That’s why we must vote Yes on 2.